Monday, March 16, 2009

Quote of the day

"I don’t feel safe with a bunch of cops on the street. I feel the opposite. I think that would be like being occupied by a bunch of Redcoats in colonial times or British soldiers in Scottish villages in the time of William Wallace. We don’t need “standing armies” in our cities. I want to the ability to strap my gun to my hip and to take care of myself. I want the men of the community to take some responsibility for policing the streets with a knowledge and appreciation of due process. I want real self-governance, not the fake kind where we delegate our security to tax munching, trough-feeding minions of unions to whom we are all dirt and “officer safety” is paramount.
I’m getting really radical in my old age."

--Jerri Lynn Ward, Commenting on the article mentioned immediately below this one.

No comments: