Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pending Gun Control / 2nd Amendment specific Legislation: The Good, the Bad, and the Butt Ugly.

Alright, as anyone with more than 3 functioning brain cells already knows, the fuckwittery of the Bush Administration has encouraged the dumbest 20% of Americans* to saddle the remaining 80% of the population with a Democratic Socialist** majority in both the House and the Senate- that- combined with an incoming president who seems to have a raging woody for the failed policies of FDR- virtually guarantees that stupidity and ignorance will reign supreme on Capitol Hill for at least the next 4 years.

Predictably enough, that means that one of the major items on the agenda (second only to thoroughly fucking up what's left of a once-vibrant economy) is the attempted nullification of the rights that were supposed to be unconditionally protected under the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

With that in mind, I bring you a brief roundup of the firearms legislation that has been thus far introduced in the current session of the House & Senate:

First, the good:

HR 17 "Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009"

Sponsor: Roscoe G. Bartlett

To protect the right to obtain firearms for security, and to use firearms in defense of self, family, or home, and to provide for the enforcement of such right.

The bad:

S 205: A bill to authorize additional resources to identify and eliminate illicit sources of firearms smuggled into Mexico for use by violent drug trafficking organizations, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Jeff Bingaman
Sen Durbin, Richard [IL] - 1/12/2009
Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] - 1/12/2009
Sen Hutchison, Kay Bailey [TX] - 1/12/2009
Sen Kyl, Jon [AZ] - 1/12/2009
Sen McCain, John [AZ] - 1/12/2009

Then the fuckin' butt-ugly:

HR 45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Bobby L. Rush

Interesting times, indeed.

*300 million Americans.....60 million votes for Obama. You do the math.
**I refuse to use the word "progressive"- that would be the hypocritical equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig.

No comments: