Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Obama Temptation

Mark Levine has a great article over at the National Review that touches on something that has been bothering me for some time now: the creepy cult-like aura that surrounds the Obama campaign.
Whether it's the blogosphere, the MSM, the grocery store, the numerous Obama campaigner's who've come knocking on my door over the past few weeks, or some of my colleagues at the office- I've noticed that many Obama supporters display a disturbing fervor that closely resembles religious zealotry. And, like religious zealots everywhere, any attempt to inject reason, rationality, skepticism, or verifiable facts into any discussion that involves their One True Chosen One invariably results in a blatant display of cognitive dissonance. But, as Mr. Levine is far more articulate than I am, I digress.

No comments: